Learn how to create Shortcuts in iRiS Guest
Shortcuts are shown beneath Top Bar, as the circular buttons on the Homepage. They utilise an Icon, some short text, and link to internal content or features in iRiS Guest and are a great way of providing your guests with quick access to important features you want to highlight. To create one:
- Navigate to your Property in GXP, and go to Content Management > Homepage
- Scroll down a little and click on + Add New Shortcut
- Choose an Icon from one of the 450 we've provided
- Provide an Internal Name for organising, as well as a Display Name to show in iRiS Guest
- There are a few options under Type that activate different features
- Section - Allows you to link to a Section you've created in GXP.
- Category - Is not supported in iRiS Guest
- Item - Allows you to link to an Item you've created in GXP.
- URL - Allows you to link to an URL you enter in the URL box
Below you can see some examples on our Heddon Hotel demo site
There are no limits to the amount of Shortcuts you can display in iRiS Guest. If you have purchased and use multiple products (iRiS Guest Mobile, iRiS Guest Room, iRiS Guest Web) we recommend that you add in rules of 3, so 3, 6, and 9 Shortcuts to ensure they look great across multiple devices in different orientations.
You can Reorder the Shortcuts in Homepage by clicking on Reorder and Done when finished. The Shortcut that is at the top of the list will be shown on furthest to the left, and the rest follow on from that.
You should now be able to create Shortcuts for iRiS Guest!