Banners are connected with Widgets and are images and text that link to either internal or external content. Advertising Streams simply allow you to connect multiple Banners and have them rotate on the Homepage of iRiS Guest. First you need to create a Banner, and then a Banner Widget for them to display on the Homepage. To create your Banner:
- Navigate to your Property in GXP, and go to Content Management > Advertising Streams
- Click on + Add Advertising Stream.
- Provide an Internal Name for the Advertising Stream
- Choose Owned from the drop down and click Save.
- Navigate to the bottom of the saved page and click on + Add Banner
- Add as many Banners as needed by clicking on the tick boxes and click Save.
To delete any of the Banners from the Advertising Stream simply click on the X to remove. Once created, you need to connect the Advertising Stream you’ve just created to an Advertising Stream Widget. To do this:
- Navigate over to Content Management > Homepage.
- Select + Add New Widget
- Provide a Title that just shows internally for organising purposes.
- In the Widget Type dropdown select Advertising Stream
- Choose a size, either 2:2 or 2:4 (square, or rectangle)
- In the Action Parameter dropdown select the Advertising Stream and Save to finalise it
Back to the Homepage menu you can now make Widget Visible. It will automatically be added to the bottom of the list if you already have some Widgets. The Advertising Stream follows the same logic as the Banner, and rotates every 5 seconds on iRiS Guest. Below is the layout as a reminder.
|iRiS Guest Mobile||iRiS Guest Room in Portrait||iRiS Guest Room in Landscape||iRiS Guest Web on Desktop|
|Maximum of two 2:2 or one 2:4 can fit on a single row.||Maximum of two 2:2 or one 2:4 can fit on a single row.||Maximum of four 2:2 or two 2:4 can fit on a single row.||Maximum of four 2:2 or two 2:4 can fit on a single row.|
You should now be able to create Advertising Streams and the supporting Widget for iRiS Guest.