Applies to iRiS Manager |
Guest Room | Guest Mobile | Guest Web | Mobile Dining
When it is time to update your menu with the new dishes or pricing, there are a few steps required for these changes to appear for guests to see. In this guide, we will walk you through these steps and how to publish these changes for your guests to view.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Configuring items in POS
- Step 2: Perform a Sync
- Step 3: Adding new items
- Step 4: Hiding/Removing Items
- Step 5: Price changes
- Step 6: Publish changes
Step 1: Configuring items in POS
- Add all items in EMC for the required Revenue Centre(RVC), ensuring the following have been configured
- The item should have 'MO' in the 'Third Name' field. (remove any spaces)
- The item is in the definition level tab
- The item is setup as definition #1
- The item has a price setup in record #1 at revenue centre level
- The price is 'active on all levels'
- The item main level and sub levels are not set to 00
- the item main level should have #1 selected
- The item has a menu item class
- Include any modifiers for the Dish items, and ensure they are set as 'forced Modifiers'
Step 2: Perform a Sync
In order for the item changes to appear in GXP, a sync is required with EMC.
- Navigate to Content Management >FnB Menu in the sidebar of the platform
- Select the Menu you wish to update
- Select the POS Setup tab
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Sync Now.
- Review sync status by navigating to POS Sync Status tab
Do not change the settings on this page, as this can remove all items from the menu!
Step 3: Adding new items
- Navigate to Content Management > Categories in the sidebar of the platform
- Select the Category you wish to add your new items to, e.g. Breakfast (see below as an example)
4. Scroll down on the Category page until you come to Items, this is where you can add your new items to your Mobile Dining menu
5. Click 'Add Item' and a pop-up box will appear and this is where you can assign the items to the category
6. Search for the items you wish to assign using the search box highlighted in red below, then click on the item you wish to assign to the category, so it transfers into the right-hand column
For More information, refer to Assigning an item to a category
Tip: Check if the item is set to visible - Making an Item Visible
Step 4: Hiding/Removing Items
- Navigate to Content Management> Items
- Select item
- Make the item visible by switching the toggle 'Is Visible' to no.
Step 5: Price changes
Prices are inherited from the item in POS and cannot be changed in IRIS Manager. To change the price of an item, ensure the price is correct POS and perform a sync, (following from step 2 above).
The price will then automatically update (in draft view) and reflect the price provided from POS
Step 6: Publish changes
Making Content Management changes to IRIS Manager are not automatically visible on the front-end for guests to view. To make the changes visible, first, a Version must be created and then set as live.