If a PMS Integration is activated on your property, the rooms will automatically be added to the Front Desk modulin Guest Centres, and below you will learn how to create a Demo room for testing Orders and Service Requests in GXP.
First you have to create a Room Type if this is not already created:
- Navigate to your Property in GXP and go to Setup > Room Type Settings
- Click on + Add Room Type at the top
- Enter a name for the Type, for example Demo and click on Save
You have now created a Room Type, next to create the Room itself.
- Navigate to your Property in GXP and go to Setup > Room Settings
- Click on + Add Room at the top
- Enter a name for the Room in the name field
- Click on the Select Room Type dropdown and choose your type and finally click on Save
You now have a Room type created, and a Demo Room you just need to check a guest into the Room ready for testing.
- Navigate to your Property in GXP and go to Guest Centres > Front Desk
- In the Search field you can enter your Room name and click on Search
- Click on Check In and enter some details for the Guest and click on Save
When your iRiS Guest App is up and running, you now have a Demo room ready for creating some test orders in the App.