Learn how to create a Dynamic Widget and pair this to a Section that sits in the Side Menu so that you can show or hide content for specific Rooms.
In GXP you can create Sections and Widgets that show in the Side Menu and on the Homepage. If you want to show Sections and Widget to specific Rooms, you can do this with Dynamic Widgets. To start:
- Navigate to your Property in GXP, and go to Content Management > Homepage
- Click on + Add New Widget
- Provide an Internal Name for the Widget
- Choose the size of the Widget
- Choose Dynamic Widget and choose Save
Ensure you then go down to the Widget and set it the Widget Visible and Save the entire Homepage in the top right hand corner. You need to link your chosen Section with the Dynamic Widget, and you can do this with existing or new Sections that show in the Side Menu. To do this with a Section:
- Navigate to your Property and go to Content Management > Sections.
- Choose the Section from the list you'd like to link with a Dynamic Widget
- Scroll down to find the option for Link Dynamic Widget and set to Yes
- Choose your Widget from the menu drop down
- Choose an Image from your Media Library
- Provide a Title that shows in Bold on the Widget
- Provide a Description that shows on the next line on the Widget
It should look like the below on GXP.
With the Dynamic Widget setup, and connected to your Section, the Homepage will show the Widget only when the user signs into the specific Room. On sign out, the Section and the Widget will disappear! It will look like the below example:
You should now be able to create a Dynamic Widget, link it to a chosen Section that shows in the Side Menu, and set the visibility for specific Rooms in GXP.