Learn how to create Availability Periods and apply them to Sections and Items.
Availability Periods allow you to control when Product Items can be ordered, and they can be added to a Section or an Item. To create an Availability Period:
- Navigate to your Property in GXP, and go to Content Management > Availability Periods
- Click on + Add Period.
- Populate the Name fields so you can identify them later.
- Select a Start and End Time by clicking on the up or down arrows, or click on the number itself to display a new window with your new options
- You can set the Days this is also available, tick the boxes for when you want this active.
- You can now Save this period.
To add the Availability Period to an Interactive Section
- Navigate to Content Management > Section and open the Interactive Section you want to apply the period to.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Section and click on + Add Availability Period and tick to add a period.
- Click Save to apply.
You can check in Draft mode to see what this looks like. Below is an example of the period being applied.
The above image illustrates some Sections that some Availability Periods applied.
- If you haven't applied an Availability Period to a Section there is no green or red clock shown against the Interactive Section.
- If you have applied an Availability Period to the Interactive Section and the user is within the available time frame, the Green clock is shown.
- If you have applied an Availability Period to the Interactive Section and the user is outside of the available time frame, the Red clock is shown.
When the Availability Period is applied, any Category and the associated Items will now have the Availability Period applied. If a user just taps on the Item itself, they can see a Banner saying when the Item is Available to and from.
This Availability shows on every Item associated with the Interactive Section. When the clock is Green, the user can add the Item to the Cart. When the clock is Red, they have to change the delivery time in the Outlet to add the Item.
If you have some unique Items that may have their own Availability Periods, maybe some Egg based dishes are only available in your Breakfast period of 06:00 - 09:00 then you can apply a separate Availability Period to an Item itself. To add an Availability Period to an Item
- Navigate to Content Management > Categories and find the relevant Category where your Items is. for example your Breakfast category.
- Open the Category, and scroll down to the Items area.
- Hover over your Item and click on Edit
- Here you can add your chosen Availability period.
- Save to finalise
If the Section has the Availability Period applied of 06:00 - 11:00 and an Item has an Availability Period of 06:00 - 09:00, the Item can last be ordered at 09:00
If the Section has the Availability Period applied of 06:00 - 11:00 and an Item has an Availability Period of 08:00 - 12:00, the Item can last be ordered at 11:00
Availability Periods are a great way of controlling your orders so your kitchen isn't overloaded with Orders coming in at the wrong times, and you should now be able to create Availability Periods and apply them to Interactive Sections or Items.